ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1 year after: 12 March 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-03-06, 21:14    Post subject: 1 year after: 12 March 2012 Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Since we are all playing a Japanese instrument and many of us have somewhat a close relationship with Japan... I can't help thinking of the earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan almost a year ago also when I am on the forum.
I tend to forget in my busy everyday life that the difficulties and trouble that began at that moment 12 March 2011 still continues and is a part of everyday life of many people in the area of Tohoku.

So let's remember and perhaps continue to help in some ways.

What are you going to do on the 12 March?

I will go to the Japanese Ambassador's residence where they will have a small official commemoration. A choir led by a Danish-Japanese conductor will sing and I will play. I somehow wanted to do something more.... how to put it... create an event to raise the awareness.... but didn't manage to do so.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Christian Grobmeier
Administrator

PostPosted: 2012-03-06, 23:46    Post subject: 1 year after: 12 March 2012 Reply with quote

I will surely practice Tamuke and Eko.

The past year my Shakuhachi group has donated all raised money to the victims of the catastrophe. This includes all € from every concerts of our Sensei.

We must not forget that Fukushima is still going on. The desaster is not over. Still there is radioactive water going directly to the ocean.
Niklas Natt och Dag

PostPosted: 2012-03-07, 01:28    Post subject: 1 year after: 12 March 2012 Reply with quote

Gunnar Jinmei Linder will be playing at a charity concert to commemorate the one-year anniversary. I will accompany him on two pieces: Shika no tone and a ren-kan version of Sanya sugagaki.

More interestingly the organizer, Shia Eguchi-san, has made an arrangement for a string quartet to play Taki-otoshi no kyoku with Gunnar. I heard a brief part of the rehearsal today: It sounds wonderful.

The concert will be at Gustaf Adolfs Kyrka in Östermalm in Stockholm.
Ryuraku

PostPosted: 2012-03-08, 00:41    Post subject: 1 year after: 12 March 2012 Reply with quote

Solemn Concert of Traditional Zen Buddhist Music
to Mark the Anniversary of the Japanese Tsunami
Performances on the Japanese Bamboo Shakuhachi Flute

On Sunday, March 11 at 6:00PM at the Tenri Cultural Institute, 43A W 13th St in Manhattan, a concert of traditional music for the Japanese bamboo flute, known as the shakuhachi, will mark the anniversary of the earthquake and tsunami that devastated Japan one year ago.

Originally played as a form of Zen meditation, the deep and moving sounds of honkyokuare intended to ease the passing of one's spirit from this life to the next. James Nyoraku Schlefer will be joined by members of the Kyo-Shin-An Shakuhachi Dojo, each playing selections from the solo shakuhachi repertoire (honkyoku).

Admission: Free
Date: March 11, 2012
Time: 6:00PM
Marek

PostPosted: 2012-03-09, 17:44    Post subject: 1 year after: 12 March 2012 Reply with quote

Along with Vlastislav Matoušek, Prague shakuhachi players will be playing 108 tones at midnight tomorrow at the chapel of Saint Ignac in Prague.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 13:55    Post subject: 1 year after: 12 March 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation