ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleaner sound and Urushi
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2012-11-24, 03:57    Post subject: Cleaner sound and Urushi Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
TBH, eating it seems a bit scary, but im working with urushi for a while, so far nothing happen to me also when i got it fresh over my hands, was a bit sloppy about the long cloths & gloves protection thing, but so far guess im one of the few lucky ones who are immune to the stuff...
Visit poster’s website
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-11-25, 05:24    Post subject: Cleaner sound and Urushi Reply with quote

Itamar Foguel wrote:
TBH, eating it seems a bit scary, but im working with urushi for a while, so far nothing happen to me also when i got it fresh over my hands, was a bit sloppy about the long cloths & gloves protection thing, but so far guess im one of the few lucky ones who are immune to the stuff...

Lucky You! A shakuhachi maker allergic to fresh urushi lacquer is like a violin maker allergic to varnish. It would be a real bummer.
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-11-28, 09:34    Post subject: Cleaner sound and Urushi Reply with quote

Yeah, lucky you! Okay
Many Japanese makers, I have spoken with, told me they had to go through terrible phases where they were itching like crazy and having blisters.... not nice!
I couldn't imagine to try to get immune to it.
It's cool that some people can take it!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:19    Post subject: Cleaner sound and Urushi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation