ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Midori Suite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre
Previous topic :: Next topic  
philiphoran
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-03-25, 11:51    Post subject: The Midori Suite Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
I was recently involved in the premiere and recording of The Midori Suite. The piece by composer Martin Tourish is a fusion of Irish and Japanese music using Irish and Japanese instruments. The musicians involved include Triona Marshall (harp), Thomas Charles Marshall (biwa and voice), Tim Edey (guitar), Ciaran Tourish (fiddle), Alyth McCormack (voice), Philip Horan (shakuhachi), Noel Eccles (percussion), Martin Tourish (accordian and whistle) and recorded & mixed by Brian Masterson.

The Midori Genki Charity continues to support children who were affected by last year's tsunami. It costs $2 and is available by searching The Midori Suite at www.cdbaby.com
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-03-25, 17:58    Post subject: The Midori Suite Reply with quote

Ahhh yes! Charles also told me about it when I played with him in Durham last month!
After listening to it the word suite in the title certainly makes sense!
Fun stuff - lots of cultural references to both places.
Thanks for posting the link! Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 17:53    Post subject: The Midori Suite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation