ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KAMMERRAKU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-04-24, 18:18    Post subject: KAMMERRAKU Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
This is one of the most exciting concerts I have all year - KAMMERRAKU, a concert of four new pieces with string quartet and Japanese instruments. I will perform Paul Moravec's new piece for shakuhachi and string quartet, plus "String Journey," my new piece for shamisen and string quartet, will have the world premiere. Also the world premiere of "KyoShin" for shakuhachi, koto and string quartet by Somei Satoh. Here are the program details. I hope you can come! -James

KAMMERRAKU® カっめ楽 ● a Program of Kyo-Shin-An Arts Commissions

Featuring Japanese masters Nami Kineie (shamisen), Yumi Kurosawa (koto), and James Nyoraku Schlefer(shakuhachi) and the dynamic Voxare String Quartet

Two world premieres and one NY premiere, each with its own distinctive character and instrumentation. From the romanticism of Daron Hagen’s operatic story for koto, to the lingering soundscape of Somei Satoh’s evocative sextet, from the elegant craft of Paul Moravec, to the rhythmic intensity of James Nyoraku Schlefer, experience unique beauty when two classical traditions meet in a new musical world.

SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2012 @ 7:30 PM
World Financial Center Winter Garden, New York City -- FREE http://www.artsworldfinancialcenter.com/cgi-bin/Go.cgi?q_id=1209&q_category=1
Large, festive, public event space with amplified sound.

SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2012 @ 4:00 PM
Tenri Cultural Institute, 43A W 13th Street, New York City -- TICKETS $25/15 http://artsat.tenri.org/1112season/050612.shtml
Small, intimate chamber music space with lovely acoustics. This performance will be followed by a brief composer’s talk and reception.

Concert Program:
DARON HAGEN: Koto Concerto: Genji (koto and quartet)
PAUL MORAVEC: Shakuhachi Quintet New York Premiere (shakuhachi and quartet)
JAMES NYORAKU SCHLEFER: String Journey World Premiere (shamisen and quartet)
SOMEI SATOH: KyoShin World Premiere (koto, shakuhachi and quartet)
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:49    Post subject: KAMMERRAKU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation