ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2012-06-02, 17:49    Post subject: Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings? Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hey everyone,
i have sold over the past 2 years few shakuhachi's on Ebay.com, but i must admit im not very happy with this site.
Seller auction fees are very high (about 15% of every auction goes to ebay and paypal)
and when you search for shakuhachi, you end up with a huge list, cluttered with a lot of Chinese and what not junk (no offense) that isn't related at all to shakuhachi other then the fact that its a musical instrument as well.

on the other hand i must admit that i only succeeded in internet selling through ebay, not our lovely trading post forum, facebook, or some other local advertising site i used.

any viable alternatives?
i have seen some people use their own sites or Etsay but i dont think you get as much exposure there...

sooo... i would love to hear what you have to say about the subject.

thank you
Visit poster’s website
DaveW

PostPosted: 2012-06-13, 11:56    Post subject: Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings? Reply with quote

Hi Itamar - I succeeded selling through the 'trading post' pretty much instantaneously - I would have though that this is precisely where the serious Shakuhachi buyers would come. I know if I'm looking - as I am at present - I would come here. To state the obvious - and please, no offence meant - it has to be the right product at the right price at the right time - and if you meet these criteria, what you have for sale should sell.
Actually come to think of it, I think I'll post a 'wanted' request to this site.
Thanks for reminding me Itamar. Best wishes with your sale. I look forward to reading what you have for offer.
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2013-04-26, 00:46    Post subject: Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings? Reply with quote

hi dave, well i wish i could agree, thing is ebay gets a lot more views, and im selling my flutes there usually rather fast, and the buyers are always very pleased with the flutes and prices...
but still, also when i browse ebay, its all full with random stuff that is all but real shakuhachi no matter how many filters i use in my search query.

but guess that if it works it works Smile
Visit poster’s website
Jon Kypros
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-04-30, 03:22    Post subject: Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings? Reply with quote

Hey again Itamar,

eBay has become increasingly challenging. As you noticed people are selling all kinds of fake shakuhachi and mislabelled instruments. There are two things I've found which I believe helped myself stand-out from the others and I believe trying these two things may help you. The first is to put your name at the beginning of the title for those who read. Second, and perhaps more importantly, take your "thumbnail" pictures in such a way that is distinct from others. A unique background can accomplish this well.

I wish you the best. Jon~

PostPosted: 2013-05-05, 11:25    Post subject: Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings? Reply with quote

good tips, thank you Jon Smile
Visit poster’s website
Paul Gardner

PostPosted: 2013-05-06, 22:50    Post subject: Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings? Reply with quote

The best idea is to follow both Jon Kypros and Perry Yung and post actual videos. This gives the prospective buyer the assurance that the instrument is both a properly working instrument and is also being sold by someone with the knowledge and expertise to provide more information and valuable support after the sale has completed.
These two always stand out on ebay.
Very Happy
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2013-05-08, 03:45    Post subject: Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings? Reply with quote

yup that as well, i never put a flute for sell without a demo video.
Visit poster’s website
kongwee

PostPosted: 2013-10-30, 15:46    Post subject: Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings? Reply with quote

I go through ebay, but I contact the seller for my latest purchase. Of cos, you should have your own website.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:40    Post subject: Ebay alternatives for shakuhachi listings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation