ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annual Shakuhachi Retreat at Zen Monastery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Nyogetsu
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-06-22, 17:09    Post subject: Annual Shakuhachi Retreat at Zen Monastery Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi Everybody,

Where: Its my pleasure to invite you all to join me for my annual Shakuhachi Retreat at the beautiful Rinzai Zen Monastery - DAI BOSATSU ZENDO - which is located upstate New York in the Catskills, near Livingston Manor. The monastery sits on the beautifully serene Beecher Lake.
We have been doing these Shakuhachi retreats once or twice a year since 1976.

When: The 3-Day retreat will take place from Friday, July 20, 2012 afternoon, until 2:00PM Sunday, July 22, 2012.

Content: As always, the focus of the weekend will be the instruction of two different HONKYOKU , of different levels of difficulty. Even though this is meant to encompass the levels from beginning to advanced, there is no extra charge for those who wish to take all of the Master-Classes for both levels. Their will be three ninety minute classes for each piece. I will be the instructor of both pieces, and will perform on Saturday evening, in the Zendo.

Food: As always , the food will be vegetarian, mostly organic and locally grown. Some of the meals will be taken in a formal monastical fashion (O-rioki style), and some of the meals will be informal.

Za-zen: Is optional, however there are quite a few sittings over the course of each day that you can choose to take part in if you care to. On Friday evening brief introductions to O-rioki style eating, and Zendo etiquette are given.

Price: The Monastery charge for R/B for the three days (2 nights) has not changed . It is $240- Total (plus an extra $25- per night if you require a private room). My charge for the Honkyoku instruction is $150- for the weekend.

Incidental: There are many excellent walking-paths around the monastery - one of which is part of the Appalachian Trail. There is also a lovely path around Beecher Lake. The grounds of the monastery are enormous , and wildlife flourish freely. It is a beautiful weekend that you can spend with you flute in a natural setting !

Get your reservations in now!
Transportation from/to NYC (and perhaps other locations) can be arranged,

Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 22:46    Post subject: Annual Shakuhachi Retreat at Zen Monastery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation