ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home recording hardware
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Karmajampa

PostPosted: 2012-12-27, 11:54    Post subject: Home recording hardware Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Probably just as relevant is how you are going to be listening back on.
Headphones are handy but may not give you the best acoustic range.
I don't mean monitoring your recording but listening back afterwards, no point spending on expensive mics if your speaker and amp is under-rated.
The H4 is good portable value.
I think it provides phantom power so a couple of condenser mics could add some sparkle.

Kel.
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2013-04-08, 10:23    Post subject: Home recording hardware Reply with quote

LowBlow wrote:
JF Lagrost wrote:
I think the H4n's built-in microphones are largely sufficient for this type of use. Just be careful to set to 16 bit 44 kHz WAV (CD quality) or better (shakuhachi definitely doesn't like MP3 compression).

Yes, i have made the experience even when converting from WAV to MP3 i can hear artifacts sometimes.

I looked a bit deeper at MP3 compression. Especially converting CD to MP3. I tested at various compression rates. If set to max = 320kBit/s its quite good And a good specialized ripper is essential.
Visit poster’s website
Karmajampa

PostPosted: 2013-04-08, 10:49    Post subject: Home recording hardware Reply with quote

After getting some fragmentation using mp3 I will only use .wav or aiff for my audio recording, especially as there is plenty of RAM and processor speed in today's machines.

K.
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2013-04-08, 11:43    Post subject: Home recording hardware Reply with quote

Karmajampa wrote:
After getting some fragmentation using mp3 I will only use .wav or aiff for my audio recording, especially as there is plenty of RAM and processor speed in today's machines.

K.

Yes, i always record at CD quality or higher if i record something myself. But when using my MP3 player i have to convert the files. So i use 320kbit when converting to MP3.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:20    Post subject: Home recording hardware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation