The ESS Shakuhachi Forum is a place to interact with the world shakuhachi community on a variety of shakuhachi topics. ESS is a Charity Organisation registered under the British Charity Commission. Posts in other languages than English are very welcome! ESS is a multilingual organisation.
The first step is to register. ESS is an educational charity organisation and highly recommends you to register under your real name and take full responsibility for your posts. This will also heighten not only the credibility of your posts but also the credibility of the Forum. In order to fight against spammers, the accounts are now activated manually by the administration of the forum. We strongly hope that the members of this forum register under their real name and choose an avatar. In case of doubt, we will not activate the account.
The purpose of this forum is to promote the appreciation of the shakuhachi. ESS’ purpose is to provide and maintain an efficient discussion tool for the forum members. Changes or adjustments to the forum may be made.
When posting to the forum, please be respectful to the other Forum members !
1. ESS does not recommend Anonymous Registration ! Registering under your REAL NAME gives your posts and the Forum more credibility!
2. Check the search function located at the top of the page before posting. Your question or comment may have been addressed before and it may be more relevant to post your comment in an existing thread.
3. Respect other forum members ! When posting to the forum, please be respectful to other members as respectful, civil interaction and debate keeps everybody closer to the purpose of a forum, exchanging knowledge and ideas about the shakuhachi.
4. Personal Disputes. ESS is a registered charity organisation and we do not accept personal attacks, business grievances, flame wars, etc. Please do not respond to posts of this nature – even if your intentions are good – as it may make things worse.
5. ESS retains the right to block members from accessing to the Forum if they do not follow the Forum Rules. ESS takes the responsibility of making this forum enjoyable and informative for as many people as possible very seriously.
About ESS (European Shakuhachi Society) ESS is a registered charity organisation under the British Charity Commission. Registered charity no. 1123060
The object of ESS is to advance the education of the public in the study, practice and appreciation of the shakuhachi, and facilitate communication among shakuhachi players, aficionados and other people with an interest for the shakuhachi.
Every year at the Annual ESS Shakuhachi Summer School, 5 committee members consisting of people across Europe are elected at the AGM. We also have advisory members attached to the committee. See http://shakuhachisociety.eu/people.html for information of the present committee members.
The ESS Shakuhachi Forum Administration consists of 6 members. 2 members are responsible for the IT and maintenance of the Forum, while the 4 other members function as moderators of the Forum. The Forum Administrators will have the possibility to step down at the AGM held by ESS at the Summer School.
The ESS Forum Administration 2011:
Moderators: Brian Tairaku Ritchie, Kakizakai Kaoru, Koji Matsunobu and Kiku Day IT : Jean-François Lagrost and Christian Grobmeier
The activities of the ESS include
• Annual summer schools and festivals open to shakuhachi players and interested members of the public. • Organising shakuhachi tuition by members and other players such as workshops, masterclasses, lectures and concerts. • Publication of an online newsletter for information of members and other interested players. • Providing a Calendar of Shakuhachi Events on the website for all shakuhachi players in Europe and beyond.