ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prayer for Nagasaki

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
DaveW

PostPosted: 2012-08-09, 11:29    Post subject: Prayer for Nagasaki Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Today (9th August) marks the 67th anniversary of the bombing of Nagasaki and the death of over 70,000 people. As a prayer for peace and in respectful memorium, I will be dedicating my practice of Tamuke today to all the victims past and present. Join me if you wish.
With hands folded in prayer
Dave

Last edited by DaveW on 2012-08-09, 15:03; edited 1 time in total
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2012-08-09, 13:23    Post subject: Prayer for Nagasaki Reply with quote

Good idea. Does anyone have a scan of Tamuke they can post?
JF Lagrost
Administrator

PostPosted: 2012-08-09, 15:07    Post subject: Prayer for Nagasaki Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn0lt4wext1bd31/Tamuke.jpg

Nice idea indeed.
Visit poster’s website
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-08-09, 16:53    Post subject: Prayer for Nagasaki Reply with quote

Tamuke, Zensabō style. Smile

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6iqydl

Ohhh.. I didn't see you had already posted a link, Jean-Francois. But hey... 2 versions - more love and acceptance - hopefully! Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2012-08-09, 18:50    Post subject: Prayer for Nagasaki Reply with quote

I'm playing at a benefit concert in Milwaukee for the families of the victims of the Sikh Temple massacre. So I'll need Tamuke which I always have to review. I don't really want to memorise it because I don't like having to play it. For these events.
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-08-09, 20:06    Post subject: Prayer for Nagasaki Reply with quote

Here is a good Tamuke played by Chiku Za:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBJhPN8HFY
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 19:16    Post subject: Prayer for Nagasaki

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation