ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atsuya Okuda concerts in Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
psmith

PostPosted: 2012-08-31, 21:29    Post subject: Atsuya Okuda concerts in Canada Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
I am excited to announce that Atsuya Okuda is coming to Victoria and Vancouver this fall. He will be giving concerts in the evenings and also available for private lessons in Vancouver.

Victoria concert:
October 28th at 7:30 pm
St. Mary the Virgin Anglican Church
1701 Elgin Road, Oak Bay
Doors open 7:00 pm

Vancouver concert:
October 30th at 7:30 pm
St. Andrew’s-Wesley United Church
1012 Nelson Street, Vancouver
Doors open 7:00 pm

Please contact me directly about private lessons.
Erin

PostPosted: 2012-09-20, 01:07    Post subject: Atsuya Okuda concerts in Canada Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to this concert! Not often that we have a Japanese master playing in person for us here in Vancouver.

Kiku, shall I set aside a ticket for you?!
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-09-20, 11:47    Post subject: Atsuya Okuda concerts in Canada Reply with quote

Hi Erin

That is very thoughtful of you! Razz
It is a bit far away... I know I sound lazy....
WISH I COULD GO ! ! ! Bannir
Visit poster’s website Skype
Erin

PostPosted: 2012-09-20, 23:30    Post subject: Atsuya Okuda concerts in Canada Reply with quote

....ah, such small details, Kiku! ....space and time.... Very Happy
psmith

PostPosted: 2012-10-22, 19:19    Post subject: Atsuya Okuda concerts in Canada Reply with quote

If you can't make the concerts, you can still enjoy his wonderful playing. Okuda's latest album is available on-line for downloading.
http://hqm-store.com/store/item.php?album_no=UNAHQ-2001
Erin

PostPosted: 2012-10-30, 02:26    Post subject: Atsuya Okuda concerts in Canada Reply with quote

I had a private lesson with Okuda sensei this past weekend - what an amazing experience! Playing his self made hocchiku flutes he was stunning. Wonderfully textured sounds and subtlies....he played his flutes with a understated passion that was exceptional. As a teacher he immediately put me at ease with his gentle humble manner and I feel inspired by his guidance and encouragement. What a fortunate opportunity I had to receive instruction from this shakuhachi master!

And now for the concert.... tomorrow night will allow me another chance to take in more of that hocchiku goodness! If you can make it to Vancouver to hear Okuda play, see you at 7:00 pm.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 15:26    Post subject: Atsuya Okuda concerts in Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation