ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zen Love Song for jinashi shakuhachi and choir on YouTube
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-01-12, 16:39    Post subject: Zen Love Song for jinashi shakuhachi and choir on YouTube Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Nice work Kiku!

I really enjoyed the way you blended the sound of your Jinashi into this contemporary aesthetic.

Just a question, was the animation collaboration an idea from the start or an after thought? That was also very skillfully done.

Lastly, you probably already know this but there is a typo for Jinashi at the end titles.

Thanks for sharing!
Visit poster’s website
J. Danza
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-01-12, 21:32    Post subject: Zen Love Song for jinashi shakuhachi and choir on YouTube Reply with quote

Cool piece, Kiku! Congratulations! Amazing choir to pull off those crunchy clusters! Didn't quite work for me on the first version you sent but the mix on this one is perfect.
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2013-01-12, 21:49    Post subject: Zen Love Song for jinashi shakuhachi and choir on YouTube Reply with quote

Damm. This Video is not visible in Germany for leagal reason:

"Dieses Video ist in Deutschland nicht verfügbar, weil es möglicherweise Musik enthält, für die die erforderlichen Musikrechte von der GEMA nicht eingeräumt wurden. "
Visit poster’s website
Erin

PostPosted: 2013-01-13, 07:53    Post subject: Zen Love Song for jinashi shakuhachi and choir on YouTube Reply with quote

Fantastic! Lovely with the animation added. The shakuhachi worked perfectly in that piece. You must be pleased with the outcome, Kiku!
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-01-13, 10:26    Post subject: Zen Love Song for jinashi shakuhachi and choir on YouTube Reply with quote

Plume, dressed or covered by animations: Yeah, me too! Embarassed

Perry, the animation video I just came across during the night at work.... and was very surprised. So not at all something we had planned from the beginning. I don't know if it is Warner Classics or Roxanna, the composer who has ordered it.... I will ask Roxanna. But it was on the Warner Classics YouTube channel, so probably it is their idea to promote Roxanna's CD. Yes, I notice... no j in jinashi so it has become inashi... Hmmmm..... never mind! Smile

Pepe, yeah this is much better. The last version was the first run-through and I am not well mic'ed at all. But this is MUCH better. So, Erin, yes I am very pleased with the outcome. I am also very very happy that one of the pieces written for me for my PhD project came out on Warner Classics - I must admit. I have to mention that now that I am rewriting the dissertation in my "Did the project make a difference?" section. Smile That and Simura Satoshi having used another piece written for me called Sinubi by Takahashi Yuji that he released on a CD where he used the piece as "the future of jinashi shakuhachi". It's just something he did without telling me. So it is really nice! Smile

LowBlow, that is a bummer... and weird! I wonder if it has something to do with what is going on between Warner Classics and Germany for some reason???
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:14    Post subject: Zen Love Song for jinashi shakuhachi and choir on YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Media Centre All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation