ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crowdfunding project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-11-13, 22:03    Post subject: Crowdfunding project Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Dear all

I am trying to record all 5 pieces that were written for me for my PhD and release them all together on a CD. However, it has been a real struggle to finance the recording of one of the pieces. This one is for shakuhachi and choir. So I need to hire a choir - in fact the piece is written for double choir, so there are 16 voices needed - and a conductor and a very good sound engineer.

The piece is called Wild Ways after the book "Wild Ways: Zen poems of Ikkyu" and has 3 movements. A very good choir is needed as it is not an easy piece - neither for the choir nor the shakuhachi, I have to admit. But it is a beautiful piece.

I have launched a crowdfunding project on Kickstarter since I would really like to record all 5 pieces together. Please have a look here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/30271966/recording-of-a-piece-for-shaku…

And if you feel like supporting the project, I would be really grateful!
Thank you!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-11-18, 20:01    Post subject: Crowdfunding project Reply with quote

Hey... it is amazing and a very touching experience to see that people are willing to help out!
Love ya all! Smile

Kx

Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2012-11-18, 20:13    Post subject: Crowdfunding project Reply with quote

Hey Kiku, I just posted your fundraising project on my blog. Hope it will help. I for one would love to hear a Choukan Jinashi flute with a chior!

- Perry
Visit poster’s website
Erin

PostPosted: 2012-11-19, 08:27    Post subject: Crowdfunding project Reply with quote

Good luck with this Kiku!

I've posted about your kickstarter project on my blog as well.

http://ashakuhachijourney.blogspot.ca/2012/11/kickstart-with-kiku.html
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-11-19, 14:41    Post subject: Crowdfunding project Reply with quote

The most amazing aspect of crowdfunding is the way people help spreading the word!
THANK YOU, Erin and Perry and everybody else ! ! !
Together we can help each other!!!

Okay Okay Okay
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2012-11-28, 09:30    Post subject: Crowdfunding project Reply with quote

I have to express my gratitude to the shakuhachi community for the support you have shown for my project on kickstarter! Razz Razz Razz

I have now reached the £2500 goal - and that was 26 days before deadline and only 13 days after the project was launched! Amazing ! ! !

Now I have enough money to pay the choir and everything that comes in beyond the £2500 will go to the sound engineer. I need to raise around £1200 for the sound engineer. But I have always been not only confident - but certain - that I could raise the money for the engineer if I had the money for the choir through traditional funding organisations.

This means the CD with the 5 pieces from my PhD is a reality! How cool is this! Okay Okay Okay

It has been a very touching experience to see that people are willing to give a hand. This again points to the fact that together we can do a lot!

So THANK YOU everybody! You are amazing!

Okay Mr. Green Very Happy Okay Mr. Green Very Happy

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 23:41    Post subject: Crowdfunding project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation