ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2013-01-03, 23:12    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi Gang, this bad news came into my inbox today. Let's all send peaceful blowing in his direction. Kurahashi Sensei seems to have overdone it with the Kyoto WSF. He has put a lot of himself into promoting shakuhachi around the world. Best wishes for a swift recovery.

"Dear my best shakuhachi friends in US

I hope you have a Happy New Year.

I am very sorry, but I must tell you a very bad news.

At the end of the last month, I fell down in a bathroom with a heart fit and went to the ICU of a hospital.

A doctor found the acute myocardial infarction(AMI), the cardiac insufficiency(heartfailure), and the pleural effusion in my body.

As to AMI, a doctor quickly treated with the newest technological machine within 1 hour. It was amazing.

A doctor said all of the above three sickness often come from strong and long stress.

I could finally know the real reasons of my bad health condition before, during, and after the WSF.

A doctor said that I would have to stay in a hospital under the absolute rest for two or three weeks.

It is very hard for me to say, but I must say, that please let me CANCEL my Intensive Teaching Tour in US of winter.

I appreciate for your understanding.

Sincerely.

Yodo Kurahashi

〓倉橋容堂
Yodo Kurahashi"
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-01-04, 03:55    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital Reply with quote

These kinds of events, without equally divided responsibility and commitment in planning and execution, have proven in the past to be taxing economically, emotionally and interpersonally to those who try to do it single-handed. I'm sure that every organizer of WSFs can tell stories of how their personal lives suffered as a direct result of such an undertaking, but in respect to Kurahashi-sensei and his admission to the cause of his condition, I hope that those in Prague
who are working up to the next WSF in 2016 come to appreciate this and take every step to avoid its pitfall. Regardless of the benefits to the shakuhachi community in general, the suffering of one person as a result is not worth it.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-01-04, 08:54    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital Reply with quote

Yes, it was clear that the WSF12 was hard on Kurahashi sensei.
I hope he gets really good rest in hospital! He needs it!!!

For the 2016, it is the first time a committee e.g., a group of people are going to organise a WSF. However, it is very difficult to make a group function and communicate together. I hope the best!
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-01-04, 10:55    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital Reply with quote

I think that's a very wise move Kiku. I too hope for the best.
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-01-04, 18:18    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital Reply with quote

Just blew healing flute vibrations thinking about Kurahashi Sensei. Let's hope for a healthy recovery.
Visit poster’s website
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2013-01-04, 22:29    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital Reply with quote

Kiku Day wrote:

For the 2016, it is the first time a committee e.g., a group of people are going to organise a WSF. However, it is very difficult to make a group function and communicate together. I hope the best!

Committees are a bigger source of festival stress than work is. Embarassed Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Wink Twisted Evil Very Happy
Jam

PostPosted: 2013-01-05, 01:45    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital Reply with quote

I'm really sorry to hear this, the times I've met Kurahashi Sensei he's been incredibly friendly, generous and kind.

I hope gets better soon.

お大事に倉橋先生。
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-01-05, 03:48    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital Reply with quote

Brian Tairaku Ritchie wrote:

Committees are a bigger source of festival stress than work is. Embarassed Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Wink Twisted Evil Very Happy

Brian, I know that you have had a great deal of experience with this sort of thing, and I don't necessarily want to hijack this thread, so I'll move this discussion over to its own thread.
Fiona Dawes

PostPosted: 2013-01-08, 06:37    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital Reply with quote

Thinking of Kurahashi sensei and glad to have experienced his teaching in Australia. I am hearing that rest has been prescribed; perhaps that is the remedy.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 22:33    Post subject: Kurahashi Sensei in the hospital

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation