ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Akihito Obama at Japan Society March 2, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-01-26, 20:48    Post subject: Akihito Obama at Japan Society March 2, 2013 Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi All, For those in and around New York City, try not to miss this!
- Perry

Rising young shakuhachi star Akihito Obama, who has studied various styles of shakuhachi from the most traditional techniques to min-yo, or folk, and contemporary shakuhachi, offers a full day of workshops plus demonstrations for players of all levels.

Beginner Session: 10 pm–12 pm
Learn the basic techniques of sound production and fingering

Advanced Session (traditional): 12:30 pm–2:30 pm
Practice complex techniques through musical selections from the classic honkyoku repertoire

Advanced Session (min-yo, folk music/contemporary): 3pm–5 pm
Learn new techniques for min-yo and contemporary music

Beginner session is open to anyone; advanced sessions are open to anyone with more than two years of experience. Participants in any of the three sessions may observe the other session at no additional cost. A limited number of instruments are available for rental, please call (212) 715-1220 to reserve an instrument. Max 15 participants per session.

TICKETS
$35/$30 Japan Society members
ADVANCED SESSION PASS: $10 OFF your purchase of tickets to both advanced sessions

Buy tickets below or call the Japan Society Box Office at (212) 715-1258, Mon. - Fri. 11 am - 6 pm, Weekends 11 am - 5 pm. (Note: ADVANCED SESSION PASS only available by calling or visiting the Box Office.)

http://www.japansociety.org/event/shakuhachi-marathon-with-akihito-obama
Visit poster’s website
George.X

PostPosted: 2013-01-29, 04:47    Post subject: Akihito Obama at Japan Society March 2, 2013 Reply with quote

Embarassed I'm so far away.... BZW. hi Perry Yung. you are popular in china mainland. I know you~~~
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-01-29, 15:29    Post subject: Akihito Obama at Japan Society March 2, 2013 Reply with quote

George.X wrote:
Embarassed I'm so far away.... BZW. hi Perry Yung. you are popular in china mainland. I know you~~~

Ni Hao George, Well, I believe a World Shakuhachi Festival will be in Shangahi in the near future. I'm sure you'll get to see Akihito then!
Zaijian, Perry
Visit poster’s website
George.X

PostPosted: 2013-01-30, 04:23    Post subject: Akihito Obama at Japan Society March 2, 2013 Reply with quote

yep! Shakuhachi Festival! that's great! probably 2016 right? Mr.Kanzaki already told me abou that. ShangHai or HangZhou. I recommend HangZhou.
Administrator

PostPosted: 2013-01-30, 11:23    Post subject: Akihito Obama at Japan Society March 2, 2013 Reply with quote

WSF 2016 will be held in Prague. China is scheduled for 2018.
Visit poster’s website
George.X

PostPosted: 2013-01-31, 06:59    Post subject: Akihito Obama at Japan Society March 2, 2013 Reply with quote

good~ I have more time for exercise.

PostPosted: Today at 11:47    Post subject: Akihito Obama at Japan Society March 2, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation