ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ESS February Newsletter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk
Previous topic :: Next topic  
philiphoran
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-02-05, 22:48    Post subject: ESS February Newsletter Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hi everyone,

The February edition of the ESS newsletter needs your help!

We are looking in particular for information about summer events in Europe so members have good advance notice. Please include basic information (dates, rough cost and venue) even if all the details are not yet decided.

Please send me information about any news you have: a piece you performed, upcoming events related to Japan in your country, a charity event you participated in, a local gathering of players, a visiting shakuhachi player, etc. with a photo if possible. You only need to write a line or two. Let's see how many countries we can represent in the News feature! News from outside Europe also welcome.

Again, please let me know if you are willing to translate. We would like translations into Spanish, German, French and English. Translations into other languages will be possible if time permits.

The deadline for submission will be Friday, February 15.

Many thanks, Philip Horan.
Visit poster’s website
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-02-06, 23:36    Post subject: ESS February Newsletter Reply with quote

Hi Philip,

On 31 May I will premiere two works for shakuhachi and orchestra in Stratford-Upon-Avon UK. Paul Moravec's "Shakuhachi Concerto" and my new work "Concertante", for Shakuhachi, Koto, Violin, and Cello and chamber orchestra. David Curtis and the Orchestra of the Swan. Here's the link.
http://www.orchestraoftheswan.org/event/spring-sounds-2-2/
JF Lagrost
Administrator

PostPosted: 2013-02-07, 12:47    Post subject: ESS February Newsletter Reply with quote

Hi James,
I posted that on the new Twitter page of the ESS. I'm glad to see this collaboration with Mieko coming true !
Cheers
JF
Visit poster’s website
philiphoran
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-03-03, 19:30    Post subject: ESS February Newsletter Reply with quote

Sorry James, I only saw this now as I do not check the forum as often as I should. I have posted the details on the calendar of the ESS website.
Visit poster’s website
James Nyoraku Schlefer
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-03-03, 22:08    Post subject: ESS February Newsletter Reply with quote

Philip, Where's the ESS Calendar?
JF Lagrost
Administrator

PostPosted: 2013-03-04, 12:59    Post subject: ESS February Newsletter Reply with quote

http://shakuhachisociety.eu/events.html
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 22:21    Post subject: ESS February Newsletter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Kiosk All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation