ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update on learning how to make Tozan ryn utagachi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop
Previous topic :: Next topic  
New Beijingfan

PostPosted: 2013-02-21, 14:32    Post subject: Update on learning how to make Tozan ryn utagachi Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Thanks to the kind advice of Perry, I tried to make Tozan ryn utagachi again the past several weeks. As promised earlier, I will share an update should I be able to make some progress. In brief, I have tried two attempts so far. The photos shown here are snapshots of the second piece. Just feel that making a Tozan ryn utagachi really requires a certain level of craftsmanship - still learning.....
New Beijingfan

PostPosted: 2013-02-21, 14:38    Post subject: Update on learning how to make Tozan ryn utagachi Reply with quote

A couple more shots....

Perry Yung
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-02-22, 03:42    Post subject: Update on learning how to make Tozan ryn utagachi Reply with quote

Looks pretty good! It'll only get better in time.

Are you planing on coating the bore?
Visit poster’s website
New Beijingfan

PostPosted: 2013-02-22, 12:07    Post subject: Update on learning how to make Tozan ryn utagachi Reply with quote

Dear Perry,

Your advice and encouragement are invaluable to me! I plan to coat the bore with tong oil....
Paul Gardner

PostPosted: 2013-02-22, 13:37    Post subject: Update on learning how to make Tozan ryn utagachi Reply with quote

This is excellent work, well done:D

I wish that we had access to thick bamboo suitable for flute-making here in the UK.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 15:22    Post subject: Update on learning how to make Tozan ryn utagachi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation