ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Phoenix Arizona!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
chuck56

PostPosted: 2011-03-31, 14:29    Post subject: Hello from Phoenix Arizona! Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello All,

I just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce my self. I've been playing shakuhachi for about 7 years now.

Best wishes,
Chuck Peck

Live the moment, be kind and be your self!
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-03-31, 15:34    Post subject: Hello from Phoenix Arizona! Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Chuck.
Great to have people from Arizona here! I loved Arizona!
Tell us more about your shakuhachi journey... if you don't mind! Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
chuck56

PostPosted: 2011-03-31, 20:07    Post subject: Hello from Phoenix Arizona! Reply with quote

Hello Kiku,

About 7 years ago I got interested in playing the shakuhachi after coming across a CD of shakuhachi music. I got my first flute, a shakuhachi Yuu and because I was living just outside NY City, I took a few lessons Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin.

I moved to Arizona and discovered that it was a shakuhachi waste land., no teachers, no players… no shakuhachi anything. Luckily I came across the Shakuhachi Summer Camp of the Rockies. I’ve been going there every year since then and loving it.

I’ve still not found a local teacher but I’m enjoying my growth through self teaching and camp every year. I’ve recently found a couple other shakuhachi player in the Phoenix area and we’re meeting monthly.

I love the shakuhachi and play about 30 minutes or more most every day. I’ve recently started playing at a local park a couple times a week over my lunch break, really enjoying it. I’ve recently gotten a very nice bamboo flute from Monty H. Levenson.

That's my journey, so far! Smile

Erin

PostPosted: 2011-03-31, 22:35    Post subject: Hello from Phoenix Arizona! Reply with quote

Hey Chuck, good to 'see' you here. I also enjoy your FB posts.
chuck56

PostPosted: 2011-03-31, 23:36    Post subject: Hello from Phoenix Arizona! Reply with quote

Thanks Erin, good to see you too. I'll try and keep the posts coming! Smile

Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2011-04-01, 07:40    Post subject: Hello from Phoenix Arizona! Reply with quote

It's really nice you found some people to meet up with once a month. I think if you continue that is just going to grow and get better and better.
Really nice to hear about how people get together little by little.

10 years ago Europe seemed like a shakuhachi desert... but now there are pros all over - we just didn't know + more and more people are getting really good.
There are now so many that it is hard for us to get everybody represented in the Summer Schools. We just have to make different people come and teach/perform each year! It's great!
Visit poster’s website Skype
pstl

PostPosted: 2011-04-05, 02:35    Post subject: Hello from Phoenix Arizona! Reply with quote

Chuck,

Time just zips on by. I keep an eye on your site and I like your blog. Very Cool! Love your energy! I'm working for a social service non profit in Fernandina Beach and enjoing the work. I manage to practice at least 30-minutes a day with few exceptions. I just need a few more years and I'll be ready for prime time. Okay
I don't think I'll be in the Rockies this year. I'm looking to spend a few days at a monastery in Georgia this summer and the wife and I plan on doing a lot of kayaking. That should drain the funds appropiately.
I'll make an effort to keep in contact and hope we can get together as time goes by.
Phil
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 20:43    Post subject: Hello from Phoenix Arizona!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation