ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner mind....
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris Northover

PostPosted: 2013-03-28, 18:45    Post subject: Beginner mind.... Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Eugene wrote:
Chris Northover wrote:
When I hear a master play, of course I'd love to be able to get that clarity, but realistically I won't, since my hands already show wear and tear from my craft.

There can be miracles when you believe Wink

Cheers Eugene. I've always got time for an optimist!
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2013-03-29, 03:10    Post subject: Beginner mind.... Reply with quote

Chris Northover wrote:
This discussion seems to have come to an end, so no-one will be reading this. I'll bury my words here rather than open a new topic, because it's clearly controversial.

I entered the forum because I wanted to act as devil's advocate.

Chris, there is no need to be the devil's advocate or to be defensive. The moderators and administrators of this forum created this section and called it "The Playpen" for a reason. Where beginners can come and talk freely without fear of recrimination. I don't think anybody has attempted to demean you for your ideas.........of course Riley or anybody are also entitled to their opinions in a dialogue.
Chris Northover

PostPosted: 2013-03-29, 10:54    Post subject: Beginner mind.... Reply with quote

Brian Tairaku Ritchie wrote:
Chris Northover wrote:
This discussion seems to have come to an end, so no-one will be reading this. I'll bury my words here rather than open a new topic, because it's clearly controversial.

I entered the forum because I wanted to act as devil's advocate.

Chris, there is no need to be the devil's advocate or to be defensive. The moderators and administrators of this forum created this section and called it "The Playpen" for a reason. Where beginners can come and talk freely without fear of recrimination. I don't think anybody has attempted to demean you for your ideas.........of course Riley or anybody are also entitled to their opinions in a dialogue.

Cheers Brian, yes, I'm beginning to realise that what I thought was the proverbial lion's den, is in fact no such thing! I've been having email exchanges with a generous soul and sitting behind the odd pint at The King's Head with mates thrashing out a few ideas. I particularly want to say to you that I can now see how crass my statement,"my technique is crap but my enjoyment is immense" in fact was/is, whatever my motivation for saying it. The answer was right under my nose,(where else!), in that in my own craft, which takes years to learn, if an apprentice had said such a thing, then I would have asked him to leave, or sort his ideas out!
Stay well, Chris.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:18    Post subject: Beginner mind....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation