ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shakuhachi Mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Elia

PostPosted: 2013-03-23, 14:41    Post subject: Shakuhachi Mark Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hello guys, someone know this craftsman's mark? This is a flute that I will purchase.

Thank you for your eventual response.

- David Zasloff
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2013-03-23, 20:54    Post subject: Shakuhachi Mark Reply with quote

dosnt seem familiar to me. you can have a look for it here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j-T3_IT80dqn8gWu8xf13SymBltAsSXDEj1ZpB0…

looks like a nice flute, but strange at the same time... it has full urushi covered wide rattan bindings in the old style. but the bamboo color is very light, usually the bamboo turns darker over the years.
fully binded but no cracks visible...
other then that it looks nice

good luck
Visit poster’s website
Elia

PostPosted: 2013-03-23, 21:14    Post subject: Shakuhachi Mark Reply with quote

--looks like a nice flute, but strange at the same time... it has full urushi covered wide rattan bindings in the old style but the bamboo color is very light--

This is the same thing that I think when I saw the flute. But the seller told me that he inherited the flute in 1968, and it wasn't new then. Furthermore, the shakuhachi is inexpensive because is without Utagutchi

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Japanese-BAMBOO-SHAKUHACHI-FLUTE-1-8-Makers-Mark-Nee…

I hope to do a good deal Very Happy

Thank you for the informations about marks, later I will read the link.

- David Zasloff
Paul Gardner

PostPosted: 2013-03-24, 00:38    Post subject: Shakuhachi Mark Reply with quote

The same seller on Ebay had a similar flute (which didn't sell) last week. That one had an utaguchi but also a large split running from just below the front of the utaguchi down the front of the flute.
I looked at the other pictures of the flute that you wish to buy and I would strongly suggest that you ask someone like Perry to look at the pictures too. There are splits down either side of where the utaguchi is missing. Perhaps with a professional repair it might be ok. I would get some repair quotes before putting any more bids on, and I certainly wouldn't pay any more for it. It's not playable at the moment so it shouldn't be priced as a playable instrument. It's listed as 'used' but really should have been listed as 'spares or repair'.
Perry has just posted a picture of a similar flute, perhaps, in the museum. He has also just finished a beautiful restoration of an old Edo period flute of mine.
There are a number of repairers on this site, all really knowledgable, so do seek their opinion. We all learn from them Okay
Elia

PostPosted: 2013-03-24, 02:46    Post subject: Shakuhachi Mark Reply with quote

--There are a number of repairers on this site, all really knowledgable, so do seek their opinion. We all learn from them--

Off course. I'm waiting for their opinions about that Razz thank you.

- David Zasloff
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 11:02    Post subject: Shakuhachi Mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation