ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mental Overload
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Christian Grobmeier
Administrator

PostPosted: 2011-04-15, 17:12    Post subject: Mental Overload Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Kiku Day wrote:

Thanks for this. Now I understand much more and surely a list of terminology is probably a good idea so people have the chance to navigate around the shakuhachi world. I think it is fair for the novice beginner who is trying to gather information to try to understand the shakuhachi world before perhaps choosing a teacher or something like that. So thanks for your input.

Meanwhile, komuso.com is a good source of information as Kees suggested and the teacher/approach advices are good to think about too.

Actually this is the usecase for a so called Wiki.

I know that Komuso.com has made some efforts to go in this direction, but he has not come to far till now.

Question is, who would fill such a wiki with content? The people who already have gone their way for 2 years have already had the pain of collecting information and have probably not a to high interest in putting effort in such a documentation.

But for sure it is a very interesting opportunity to collect shakuhachi information. I had some pain myself, back then.
robertoS

PostPosted: 2011-05-05, 12:44    Post subject: Mental Overload Reply with quote

Hi all! I have posted my M.A. thesis about shakuhachi on my website www.robertosallustio.jimdo.com
The work is in italian, but I started to tranlate it in english. If someone is interested in it and speaks italian, feels free to visit the site. I think it is useful for beginners and for those who unknow shakuhachi's history, japanese traditional methods of trasmission, the different types of shakuhachi, the present state of shakuhachi's practice in Japanese and European societies, etc. Okay
Roberto[/i]
Visit poster’s website
Dun Romin

PostPosted: 2011-05-05, 15:12    Post subject: Mental Overload Reply with quote

Ciao Roberto, Mica male questo il tuo tesi, good work. It gives a nice survey of the shakuhachi scene. Okay To bad part 4 wasn't accessible. Is that coming up soon?
Saluti, Joke
Administrator

PostPosted: 2011-05-05, 15:57    Post subject: Mental Overload Reply with quote

I am looking forward to the english version
Christian
robertoS

PostPosted: 2011-05-05, 16:24    Post subject: Mental Overload Reply with quote

Dun Romin wrote:
Ciao Roberto, Mica male questo il tuo tesi, good work. It gives a nice survey of the shakuhachi scene. Okay To bad part 4 wasn't accessible. Is that coming up soon?
Saluti, Joke

Hola Joke,
I'm sorry for part 4 but I have not yet posted it. Now, I stay in Barcelona. As soos as I return in Italy (at the end of this month) I'll post the missing part and an english section too..

Roberto
Visit poster’s website
robertoS

PostPosted: 2011-05-05, 16:29    Post subject: Mental Overload Reply with quote

Christian Grobmeier wrote:
I am looking forward to the english version
Christian

Hi Christian,
I hope to submit the english version within the next month..

Roberto
Visit poster’s website
spiralofhope

PostPosted: 2011-06-01, 22:41    Post subject: Mental Overload Reply with quote

I was also very confused at a lot of the basic terminology, so I began making a list of all of them.

When I'm satisfied with it, I'll post a link to it. My website is presently inaccessible. I'm doing hosting changes.

However, any of the "schools", player variations and such are completely over my head. I haven't had any exposure to such concepts yet.
Visit poster’s website
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:02    Post subject: Mental Overload

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Playpen All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation