ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New hanko identification pic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Museum
Previous topic :: Next topic  
x moran

PostPosted: 2013-05-09, 23:55    Post subject: New hanko identification pic Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
This is a lovely hanko. Whose is it?

De Fouw

PostPosted: 2013-05-10, 18:48    Post subject: New hanko identification pic Reply with quote

Tadasuke, associated with Chikuyusha Kinko school (Kawase Junsuke)

It is from that 7-hole listed on ebay for $ 3600 and on Yahoo auctions Japan (and for quite some time too, weeks if not months - as of may 10, 2 days to go) starting from Yen 100.000 (less than $ 1000).........

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x209671183
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2013-05-11, 08:57    Post subject: New hanko identification pic Reply with quote

I guess holes cost less in Japan than in the rest of the world. Mort de Rire
x moran

PostPosted: 2013-05-12, 02:11    Post subject: extra holes! Reply with quote

De Fouw wrote:
Tadasuke, associated with Chikuyusha Kinko school (Kawase Junsuke)

It is from that 7-hole listed on ebay for $ 3600 and on Yahoo auctions Japan (and for quite some time too, weeks if not months - as of may 10, 2 days to go) starting from Yen 100.000 (less than $ 1000).........

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x209671183

I think I need an air-sickness bag after seeing that lovely flute with the 2 extra holes carved in it.

Perry made a nice video comparing a Tadasuke with a Gyoksui: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcexaeGV9PQ

The Tadasuke in the video has real meat in its sound.
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2013-05-31, 03:57    Post subject: New hanko identification pic Reply with quote

i like the joint rings, anyone knows what are they filled with?
Visit poster’s website
DaveW

PostPosted: 2013-05-31, 12:34    Post subject: New hanko identification pic Reply with quote

One more hole and it'd be free Brian - in fact - the seller would have to pay the receiver $300!
Lawrence Huff

PostPosted: 2013-05-31, 21:24    Post subject: New hanko identification pic Reply with quote

Hi Itamar,

The joint ring are finished in a multi colored layers of urushi, that are repeatedly sanded the reveal patterns. This technique is called:Hakumin
Jeff Cairns
Professional Member

PostPosted: 2013-06-13, 14:57    Post subject: New hanko identification pic Reply with quote

This hanko can be found on the Shakuhachi Maker's Hanko Data Base found here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j-T3_IT80dqn8gWu8xf13SymBltAsSXDEj1ZpB0tMRw/edit
Visit poster’s website Skype
Kiku Day

PostPosted: 2013-06-14, 08:47    Post subject: New hanko identification pic Reply with quote

Lawrence, thanks for your info!
I didn't make the connection between the photo and the word hakumin!
Now I know! Smile
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 20:43    Post subject: New hanko identification pic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Museum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation