ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index ESS Shakuhachi Forum
Practice, Culture and History of Japanese Bamboo Flute 尺八. A Project of the European Shakuhachi Society (ESS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inviting old BBQ Members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse
Previous topic :: Next topic  
LowBlow

PostPosted: 2011-04-01, 09:02    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Hallo,

there are a lot members of the old shakuhachi BBQ that do not know about the new ESS forum. I just mentioned it to Michael Chikuzen Gould and he didn't know. Hope to see him soon here.

Brian is it possible to use the eMail list of BBQ to send every old member of BBQ an invitation to the ESS Forum?

Harald
Visit poster’s website
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2011-04-01, 11:09    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

second that
Visit poster’s website
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-04-02, 22:30    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

I tried several times to use the BBQ mass email function but before it would load to the 1800 members the connection to server timed out. So maybe it's a huge job for the server to attach that many email addresses.

If I succeeded they would have gone from my email account and I would have received hundreds of "undeliverable" messages. Ken did that only once and he said it was a bummer, and that he also received a lot of hostile emails saying, "I belong to a forum because I don't want stuff coming to my inbox!' Embarassed

Furthermore there were a lot of people at the BBQ I wouldn't necessarily want coming around here. Bannir So maybe if there are members like Chikuzen you'd like to invite it's good to do it on an individual basis. If you look at the BBQ a lot of members have their email addresses there.
Itamar Foguel

PostPosted: 2011-04-02, 23:56    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

but you just did send me that email from the bbq Shocked
Visit poster’s website
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 00:29    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

Interesting, I did not get it myself. And it looked like it didn't go. Can you forward it to me? Ha. Mr. Green
Erin

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 03:12    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

yes, I also got an email, two actually, from the BBQ.
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 03:14    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

Did it come from my email or what?
Erin

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 03:23    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

LowBlow

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 09:36    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

Brian Tairaku Ritchie wrote:
I tried several times to use the BBQ mass email function but before it would load to the 1800 members the connection to server timed out. So maybe it's a huge job for the server to attach that many email addresses.

If I succeeded they would have gone from my email account and I would have received hundreds of "undeliverable" messages. Ken did that only once and he said it was a bummer, and that he also received a lot of hostile emails saying, "I belong to a forum because I don't want stuff coming to my inbox!' Embarassed

Furthermore there were a lot of people at the BBQ I wouldn't necessarily want coming around here. Bannir So maybe if there are members like Chikuzen you'd like to invite it's good to do it on an individual basis. If you look at the BBQ a lot of members have their email addresses there.

Well the technical issues can be solved. Maybe by loading the eMail adress in portions of hundreds. Or loading them in a text file split it and load to the mailer. There are some more thoughts.

Keeping the unwanted outside is another thing. But what is with the wanted which don't know about the new forum?
Visit poster’s website
Brian Tairaku Ritchie

PostPosted: 2011-04-03, 09:49    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members Reply with quote

Apparently it went. So mission accomplished, hopefully Ken doesn't get a bunch of bad replies because I thought it would go from my email.

LowBlow wrote:
But what is with the wanted which don't know about the new forum?

Looks like the word is out. This forum will gather members through the same methods the BBQ did, word of mouth, searches etc. It's not a secret.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:06    Post subject: Inviting old BBQ Members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESS Shakuhachi Forum Forum Index -> ESS Forums -> The Teahouse All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Create a free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation